Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Christmas Cards Class

It's that time again. Time to start planning your christmas cards. If you would like some ideas, why not come along to this weeks class where I have some easy quick cards, and a more detailed one for those special people.

This card uses the new stamp set Merry & Type, and the beautiful new seam binding ribbon to create a traditional coloured xmas card. Some multi coloured stamping and layering, as well as lots of sponging, give this card interest. This card was inspired by one made by Betsy Veldman.

Notice that glitter. Its the new glass glitter that actually tarnishes in time for a lovely soft vintage look. I can see myself using this loads!

Okay, now I've shown you the harder card, here are the quick simple ones. First up, one featuring the new in colour, pool party. I love this colour, especially teamed up with some cherry cobbler ribbon. It was my first time using the triple layer doily punch too. All I can say is - wow. You have to try it!

Notice that frayed ribbon....just one of the little tricks I was shown at Regionals last week. A fantastic, full on day of tricks, techniques and ideas. Oh the things I have to show you...

Now back to our cards, I thought a matching gift card would be perfect, incorporating a hand made tassell. I used to love making these when I was a child, and making them as an adult is just as much fun. I have made this flat without embellishments so the recipient could use it afterwards as a book mark.

I have always wanted to make a button card in the classes, but its hard, and not to mention expensive to use too many buttons at once, but... with these handmade paper buttons its sooo easy and cheap. I am completely smitten with that lovely greeting from Contempo Christmas. How I wish I could write like that.

Notice that beautiful new paper, Mocha Morning Specialty. It has gold metallic ink on it. Yum! There is some sparkle on this card with some glitter, but its completely disappeared in the photo.

And last but not least, a very modern card, where I have incorporated another cute trick I learnt at Regionals, embossing satin ribbon. This card was inspired by one I saw made by Stampin Up.
I am holding this class on Saturday 17th at 10.30am and Wednesday 21st at 10am if you would like to attend. Class cost is $25 and is all inclusive. All welcome, but please email me if you would like to attend so I can prepare at kit for you.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: