Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Playing with colour


Have you ever looked at a card, and not liked it because of the colour? I do all the time.
On page 5 of the sale-a-bration brochure there is a card I did not particularly like using vintage labels, just because it was made with pumkin pie. Now, I liked the design of it, so I decided to make the card in another colour scheme. I chose rose red, kraft, pink pirouette, and baja breeze, and think it looks quite diferent to the original. But then, never being one to rest at one card, decided to try it again using another colour scheme.

This time I used, pale plum, perfect plum, bashful blue and kraft.


And then I tried some greens, celery, artichoke, mellow moss and kraft.


I ended up using the green colour scheme on the quote book because I liked this combo so much, and I must admit, it would not have been my first choice had I not gone through this process. Try it, you just might discover a colour combo you really love.


Remember the free sale-a-bration sets are only available to the end of March with every $100 order.




1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

These cards look great, Michelle. The sponging around the edges of the Curly Label punched-out pieces finishes off the card beautifully.